binata seed and N. alata problem

From: Acj3a@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 08 1998 - 07:43:01 PDT

Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 10:43:01 EDT
From: Acj3a@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: binata seed and N. alata  problem

Hi everyone,

Matt: D. binata self pollinates and sets seed for me. It's becoming a weed in
my collection.

Tom: It sounds like, at the very least, that your N. alata is getting too
much humidity. There may be other problems as well. Check the underside of
the leaves for tiny mites. Get it out of the plastic bag. I keep mine in a
coolhouse with that's usually at about 60% humidity. Temp's range from winter
nights to low 40s to daytime summer highs in the 80s for the most part. You
could keep it in a terrarium. Mist the plant regularly once its out of the bag
to aid in adjusting it to the new conditions. Hope this helps. It works for
me.

regards,
Art Junier