Re: Aldrovanda

From: Guy Van der Kinderen (Guy.VanDerKinderen@rug.ac.be)
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 01:31:07 PDT

Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:31:07 +0100
From: "Guy Van der Kinderen" <Guy.VanDerKinderen@rug.ac.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Aldrovanda

Dear Barbara,

That (very) kind person was probably Dr. Lubomir Adamec (hello
Lubomir), and the following information originates from him or his
articles. Aldrovanda produces turions or winter-resting buds at the
end of the growing season, which sink to the bottom of the pond. If
you expect this pond to be frozen completely, then you better take
out the turion(s) and keep it/them in the refrigerator (ca. 4 C) in
a bottle with pond-water during winter. You can put them back in
Spring.

Kind regards,

Guy Van der Kinderen
vzw. Drosera