Adelae

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 10:24:23 PDT

Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 18:24:23 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Adelae

Hi all

I just want to share my own experience with D. adelae. I grow it since months
ago ; after good and bad periods I finally put all the plants in a propagator.
 I use PURE PEAT with success, as for a lot of my plants (pygmies, VFTs,
sarr's, droseras,...). The temperature is the belgian one, so the temperate
climate gives us indoor about 20 C (70 F ?). The plants are invading the
propagator, numerous plantlets are sprouting everywhere from the roots, the
leaves are realy dewy. In the same place I have a D. prolifera sending up a
flowering stolon, and which thrives too.

What is not 'normal' is that the leaves are green-yellow like VFT's leaves, in
place of the dark green we should find. The second 'problem' is that they
never flowered, maybe is it a lack of temperature ? As it's about 30 C for now
we should see if this can provocate flowering.

And, as we know, if a D. adelae seems dead, take the roots, put the still
living parts in peat and enjoy the miracle - this is also true for D. binata,
capensis, aliciae... by experience.

Laurent

PS: if someone owns some D. schizandra seeds, please contact me to plan some
trading... So I'll have the three tropical ones.