intro

From: FOODBAG@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 22:42:23 PDT

Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 01:42:23 EDT
From: FOODBAG@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: intro

  Hi Everyone,

   My name is Joe Griffin and I live in Lincoln, Nebraska. I have been
lurking around since February and felt I finally ought to introduce myself.
   I grow all my CP under lights in tanks and have a representative of the
majority of the genera, but my collection tends towards mostly Drosera.
However I am starting to catch Nepenthes fever.
   I have really been enjoying the discussions and have found them to be more
helpful than any book or publication I have read on CP.
   Does anyone out there know the status of Brian Barnes(Kilsmooth@aol.com) ?
He won't respond to e-mail and has not been posting anything lately. I hope
he is in good health. E-mail me if you know anything.
   My two cents worth on D. adelae. It flowers pretty good for me and
sporatically produces seed(self-fertile for me-I don't even pollinate them).
The coloration of the foliage seems to vary greatly from tank to tank or even
in the same tank, depending on position. I have one pot of plants with
extremely narrow leaves (almost like cactus spines in shape )that are deep
purple in color. Anyone have anything close to this? Maybe it's different
potting mediums. I would like to know if anyone else has D. adelae this deep
of coloration.

  Regards,

  Joe