Re:Interesting CP Movies

From: Richard Brown (esoft@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 10:53:28 PDT

Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:53:28 -0400
From: "Richard Brown" <esoft@ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:Interesting CP Movies

----------
Hi Steve,

You left out the 1960 Irwin Allen production of "The Lost World", which had
two different menacing CP's, one of which nearly had Jill St.John for
dinner. Yum! The second one was a set of tentacles that obstructed a cave
entrance, and, as best I recall, nearly ate Michael Rennie.

As for "Angry Red Planet", it was not filmed through a red filter. It was
filmed in the miracle process of Cinemagic! All kidding aside, Cinemagic was
nothing more than shooting the picture in black and white, and printing a
solarized interpositive (the positive struck from the negative was exposed
to a light source partway through development, an old black and white
darkroom technique commonly called "solarization") onto color release print
stock through the appropriate filter, giving the black and white footage a
reddish cast when printed in color. The scenes inside the spaceship were
shot on traditional Eastmancolor negative.

I'm afraid I'm letting the cat out of the bag as to what I do for a living.
Enough of this non-CP stuff!

Until later,

Trent Meeks
Pompano Beach, Florida