Cephalotus propagation, CP plant sale.

From: -Tom- (tkhayes@microserve.net)
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 12:32:44 PDT

Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:32:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: -Tom- <tkhayes@microserve.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Cephalotus propagation, CP plant sale.

Dear list,

I will be relocating to Falls Church, VA in a few months and I will have to
drastically reduce the size of my collection. I am in the process of
putting together a web page of the plants I will be selling. I can only
ship plants within the USA. If you are interested in getting any plants,
please sign up on my web page to be notified of the URL.

I have never seen or heard of anyone who has successfully grown cephalotus
from leaf cuttings in water..... (not to say to hasn't ever been done - I
just haven't seen any reference to it yet.) I thought I would give it a try
and see what happened. I took 10 healthy pitchers and put 5 each in petri
dishes with rain water. They were placed under fluorescent shop lights with
a 12 hr photoperiod. After two months I only had three die and I took the
photographs which are now in my web page section - Propagating CP is easy.
I also have a neat photo of a P. lutea roots that I floated in water.....
Just thought I would pass the info along.

Allen Lowrie's complete catalog is now available on-line through my page.

I added a photo of my N. ampularia "Cantley's Red" for those who are
interested.

Take care & keep on growing,

Thomas K. Hayes

DANGEROUS PLANTS