A few questions - skippy 39@fyiowa.infini.net

From: Kit6pww@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 12:45:21 PDT

Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:45:21 EDT
From: Kit6pww@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: A few questions - skippy 39@fyiowa.infini.net

Hello Jesse!

Dave Evans gave you some very fine advice concerning your fungus and dew (lack
of) problems with your plants. I thought of one additional idea you might
want to check out concerning lack of dew on your Drosera. I used to have the
same problem, until I found out that I was inadvertently misting the heck out
of my plants, and so, stripping the dew from their leaves. Drosera don't need
to be drenched in water, but rather, they appreciate having humidity in the
air around them. So, since I changed my ways by spraying areas AROUND the
plants (such as the sides and top of the enclosure) rather than directly on my
plants, I don't have a lack of dew problem anymore.

The old, stripped leaves usually didn't make it back to their previous
splendor and needed to be trimmed off as they died, but new growth came up
nice and dewy.

Hope this helps,

Debra Blanke