pollen storage

From: Andreas Wistuba (andreas@wistuba.com)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 12:08:50 PDT

Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 21:08:50 +0200
From: "Andreas Wistuba" <andreas@wistuba.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: pollen storage

Hi,

did anyone on the list did any systematic studies on pollen storage
strategies for Nepenthes?

A few years ago I tried storing them at 4 degrees centigrade in a
closed glass vessel containing a smaller vessel with a saturated
Calciumchloride solution. According to a paper I read (don't remember
reference by now but I think I can find it if anybody is interested...)
this ensures a air humidity of about 30% at 4 degrees which should be
ideal for many pollen types. As my results varied with Nepenthes I'd be
interested in reading on other trials.

Bye

Andreas
Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471
Fax: +49-621-7152028

E-Mail: andreas@wistuba.com