RE: Aphids killing my plants

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Sun Sep 06 1998 - 16:55:38 PDT

Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 19:55:38 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Aphids killing my plants

> I've got aphids attaching the underside of my sundew
> plants and the new tender leaves of my flytraps.
>
> How do I kill them without killing my plants?

Lance, you might try submerging the plants in a bucket of rain or
distilled water for a day or two or three. Anything over a day the
plants might not be thrilled about, but the aphids should be even less
impressed.

I've only read about this method of pest control, I haven't tried it
myself. Maybe someone with more experience can vouch for this method's
efficacy (or lack thereof) against aphids?

Hope this helps
Philip
URL du jour: http://www.wenet.net/~scoville/svtmain.html