Drosera Burmannii ..

From: Pekka Ala-Siuru (pal@ele.vtt.fi)
Date: Tue Sep 15 1998 - 02:12:52 PDT

Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 12:12:52 +0300
From: Pekka Ala-Siuru <pal@ele.vtt.fi>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera Burmannii ..

..Scott Mcphee"
wrote:

-I just acquired a pot of Drosera burmanni yesterday. I understand that it is
-an annual, and that to keep it up in your collection you have to keep
-growing it from seed. The person I bought it from said that it takes 6
-months for the seeds to germinate. Is this true? How do you treat the
-seeds - do you just sow them in the pot?

6 months!?!?
No, I have managed to get them germinate in two weeks with no
special treatment. In pure peat, moist, under coverage.

..Pekka
   Pekka Ala-Siuru | pekka.ala-siuru@vtt.fi
   VTT Electronics | Tel. +358 8 551 2461
   Kaitovayla 1, P.O.B 1100 | Fax +358 8 551 2320
   FIN-90571 Oulu, FINLAND | http://www.ele.vtt.fi
----------- VTT - Technical Research Centre of Finland -----------