Re:ID Drosera

From: Jaap Noordeloos (Jaap@cable.a2000.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 13:10:04 PDT

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 22:10:04 +0200
From: Jaap Noordeloos <Jaap@cable.a2000.nl>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:ID Drosera

> I would be grateful for some help identifying a sundew I
> bought from a UK garden centre - I think it is one of the
> mass produced dutch plants. The leaves are held erect and
> look like D.anglica but with perhaps a slightly more squared off than
> rounded apex to the lamina. The flowers are pink with a
> single basal division of the styles and then a short
> terminal division (within the stigma?). The styles and
> stigma are of uniform diameter throughout their length.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard

Hi list and Richard,

I think it is a Drosera intermedia. There is a Cp-nursery in Holland who grow these plants labeled D. cuneifolia, buth I have my own thoughts about
this cultivar. The plants look like a giant D. intermedia. I have a couple of the plants in my own collection also with the name D. cuneifolia on the
label. I live in Holland, so does D intermedia in swamps and bogs. The couple of plants of D cuneifolia I grow at home survived 2 winters here in
Holland (if it is really D. cuneifolia?) just like the other temperate Drosera's. I grow D. intermedia, D. rotundifolia and D. anglica with great
results outside the whole year here in Holland.

Till next time,

Wouter Noordeloos