Re: "Death trap"-problems.

From: Matthias Schmidt (matthias.schmidt@schwaben.de)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 12:52:37 PDT

Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 20:52:37 +0100
From: "Matthias Schmidt" <matthias.schmidt@schwaben.de>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: "Death trap"-problems.

Hello Marc,

USA has NTSC Video system, Europe has PAL.(has nothing to do
with the VHS standard). NTSC and PAL are different types of the
color encoding and the picture frequency (PAL has 50 Hz and
NTSC 60 Hz). You will either need a videoplayer which is able to
convert NTSC to PAL (most new player are able to do this, it=B4s
called "NTSC playback on PAL TV") or a US NTSC player and a
multinorm TV (like most Sony or Panasonic).

All the best,

Matthias

> Hello everyone,
>
> This message is concerning a little "movie" problem. Not so long ago som=
eone
> on the list published the adress where you could buy the video-movie :
> "Death trap". So I bought myself this beautiful movie on the internet (I=
've
> seen it a few years ago) at Shanachie Records Corp. in Newton, America.
> Yesterday the video arrived at my home in Belgium. There seems to be a
> little problem. Although the video is recorded in Color/Real
> time/SP-mode/VHS it seems I can't play it! In Belgium-Europe we also hav=
> the VHS standard. I can see the tape is running but I only get black and
> white snowy stripes. I already tried to adjust it in every way possible.=
 The
> only way I can see something is on the tape is when I push the button "f=
ast
> forward". Then I can see some pictures in black and white. I this normal=
?
> Can someone help me out here? Are there other differences between
> American-European VHS? All my other video-films run perfectly so I'm sur=
> there's nothing with my video-player.
>
> Regards,
> Marc "The Viking" from Belgium.

Matthias Schmidt