Highland neps and temperature?, and thank you\264s

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se)
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 09:53:39 PDT

Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 18:53:39 +0200
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Highland neps and temperature?, and thank you\264s

Hi,

I wonder if anyone have experience keeping the highland Nepenthes
species; ventricosa, tobaica, singalana or macfarlanei, without large
temperature fluctuations day/night?

I also would like to know the best way to acclimatize small Nepenthes
after recieving them?

One week ago I recieved some Nep\264s and I\264ve planted them in live
spaghnum moss and leca and placed the pots in sealed plastic-bags 30 cm
below the lighting fixture (two 18 W, and one 36 W lightbulb). Light is
on 13-16 hours/day, and the temp is 25-26 d c. My plan is to leave them
alone and let them stabilize, but obviously I want to give them the best
possible living conditions before that. Should I be moderate with the
light in the beginning, after all the plants have been without it
during shipping, or...? I noticed that the N. ampullaria\264s leaves have
thin brown edges (leaf burn?), so could the light be to strong for it
(being lowland)?

Finally I\264d like to thank David and Chris (if I remember the names
correctly) for answering my questions on Drosera capensis, and
Sarracenia dormancy. I know I should have mailed the thanks privately,
but somehow I lost their E-mail-addresses (CP digest included) when I
installed new software. Sorry, won\264t happen again.

Regards

--
Christer Berglund
E-mail: christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se