Heliamphora leaf cutting

From: Cristiano Perrucci (meteo01@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 10:01:26 PDT

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:01:26 PDT
From: "Cristiano Perrucci" <meteo01@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Heliamphora leaf cutting

Hi,
Last Sunday, a friend of mine gave me two cuttings of Heliamphora
Heterodoxa.
Unfortunally they are rootless. Although they are very small (less then
8cm height whith 3/4 leafs each) my hope is to root them. I'd like to
know if there is a succesful method to obtanin cuttings from H.
Heterodoxa. Actually they're treated as follow :

- one cutting in pure airly peat moss
- one cutting in pure live sphagnum
- Both are in an outdoor terrarium with quite high humidity up to 80%
and a good air circulation
- Temperature is between 17C (night) and 22C (day).
- Artificial light: three 18W Grolux, one cool white fluorescent 18W
tube 30cm from the soil surface.
- Natural photoperiod. Here in Genoa (44 parallel) now is about 12hrs.

 Am I walking on thin ice or may I have any possibility of success?

Any suggestion will be welcome
Best Regards

Cristiano (Genoa -Italy-)