RE: RE : My Sarracenia question

From: Rand Nicholson (writserv@nbnet.nb.ca)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 23:50:40 PDT

Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:50:40 +0500
From: Rand Nicholson <writserv@nbnet.nb.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: RE : My Sarracenia question

>>I too would be very happy to hear from any others with experience with
>>this problem, particularly with possible solutions.
>
>Hi Gary,
>
>I don't have experience with the problem but could the problem exist from
>burying the rhizome rather than positioning the rhizome partially exposed,
>or keeping the water level too high? The later seems unlikely based on your
>post. I think the use of sulfur is an excellent idea. I use it when
>dividing rhizomes to increase numbers.
>
>David
>Atlanta

Hi Dave and All:

I second and third the sulphur! During the season it also keeps those nasty
rhizome borers at bay and if you have to store your plants over winter (all
other precautions having been taken), sulphur reduces the incidence of mold.

I use wettable shuphur dust (99%) which can be sprayed or used straight
from the container. It also lowers the soil Ph.