RE : My Sarracenia question

From: Gary & Mim Hart (gmhart@powerup.com.au)
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 20:12:33 PDT

Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 23:12:33 -0400
From: Gary & Mim Hart <gmhart@powerup.com.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE : My Sarracenia question

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your very thoughtful reply, your description of the
problem is exactly correct. The "rot" seems to radiate back from the
growing point of the rhizome. I have tried a number of fungicides over
the years but none have been that successful, this year I am trying
Mancozeb as a spray and dusting the cut rhizome ends with Sulphur
powder.
Here in Brisbane our winters are quite mild and often wet most years,
this year it never really got below 6 degrees C at all and it was a bit
wet. In a "good" year it may get down to 3 or 4 degrees C and be quite
dry for a month or two. My plants though are under a clear
polycarbonate sheeting roof so the rain did not affect them as in other
years. One clue though, I have only early last month finished repotting
the plants. Is this a coincidence or is this when you or others on the
list have this rot problem.??
I too would be very happy to hear from any others with experience with
this problem, particularly with possible solutions.

Again thanks for your reply.

Gary and Mim Hart
gmhart@powerup.com.au