red splotches.

From: Marc I. Burack (marcb@companionfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 12:50:39 PDT

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:50:39 -0400
From: "Marc I. Burack" <marcb@companionfinancial.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: red splotches.

Question to all, although especially to South Florida CP growers who
experience the same growing conditions I do.

I often find red splotches, almost like a rash, on a good deal of my
Nepenthes plants. I have used fungicide many times on them and find that
it works "moderately" well at best. Is this "rust spot" fungus and if so
is there a way to truly remove it? It is very persistent.

(The plants that show it do not necessarily share any common
denominators...some are true lowland species, some lowland hybrids, some
lowland-highland hybrids....and believe it or not, some plants just never
get it at all.)

Any thoughts?

Marc I. Burack
Coconut Creek, FL.