CP of Madagascar and Africa (Please respond!)

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 06 1998 - 04:47:25 PST

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:47:25 PST
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP of Madagascar and Africa (Please respond!)

Hi friends,

Just caught the last 1/2 of a show on the wildlife of Madagascar on PBS
the other night. Its very disturbing to hear that only 10% of the
island hasnt been altered by humans. I was wondering if anyone could
list the CPs present in Madagascar and whether or not they are in
cultivation. I'd also be curious to know who, if anyone, has collected
CP there and what they found.

Same thing for tropical (not South) Africa. Id be curious to know if
the true Drosera affinis, pilosa, elongata, bequaertii (sp?), compacta
and all the other interesting CP of tropical Africa are in cultivation
and if so, who originally collected them.

Im tired of seeing spathulatas and capillaris labelled as affinis, etc.
:( Ive seen affinis and others on peoples list, is this the real thing
or just another bogus ID?

Finally, could someone PLEASE tell me more about this D.sp.Botswana?
What is it? How about D.sp.Malawi? I had the later in the 80's and
thought it was a beautiful plant. (Anyone got some for trade?)

Thanks in advance!

Happy CPing
Matt H
New York