Re: Cp IRC.

From: John Collingsworth (collingsworth@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Nov 08 1998 - 18:58:06 PST

Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 18:58:06 -0800
From: "John Collingsworth" <collingsworth@email.msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Cp IRC.

-----Original Message-----
To: Multiple recipients of list <cp@opus.hpl.hp.com>

>Hi,
>Alot of cp people have already signed on to icq. That may be the reason
they
>are not signed on to IRC. They can just use icq, which they are already on.
>>From what I hear, icq is exactly like IRC. I have found ICQ to be a good
>program. Though I have noticed a decline in the amount of people chatting
>anymore. I wonder if ICQ is slowly fading away from cpers minds, just like
>the cp web-based chatrooms?
>
>Robert

Hey Robert,
            Yeah, ICQ may have been holding people back from IRC. But I
think that the big reason I didn't see much interest with the first message
was my fault. I don't think I pushed its promise enough. But this time I got
some interest. I am trying to arrange a meeting time. So if you're
interested E-mail me the times you are available to chat and I will try to
meet you there. And , again if your interested, tell people on ICQ about
IRC. The two don't have to be mutually exsclusive. I am really trying to get
as much interest in chating as possible. Your help would be much
appreciated. Hope to hear from you.
                Good Growing,
                            Damon Collingsworth