Re: CP IRC Channel

From: John Collingsworth (collingsworth@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Nov 08 1998 - 18:50:42 PST

Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 18:50:42 -0800
From: "John Collingsworth" <collingsworth@email.msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP IRC Channel

-----Original Message-----
To: Multiple recipients of list <cp@opus.hpl.hp.com>

>On Sun, 8 Nov 1998 01:37:00 -0800, Damon Collingsworth wrote:
>
>> First of all, I would like to thank Tim Malcolm for stopping by =
>the
>>new little known carnivorous plant IRC channel.
>
><snip>
>
>>Once you have installed it, use an undernet server to connect to IRC.
>
><snip>
>
>>Then, once connected, go to "commands" in the menu bar and go to "join=20
>>channel" under "commands" and type in "Cpgrowers".
>
>So, it's cpgrowers on an undernet channel...?
>
>I tried this just and there is no such channel - do it presume it's
>not a registered channel?
>
>You're going to have to get some regulars going in there if you ever
>want it to take off. New channels take some getting going from what I
>can see and if you cannot get people going there regularly then you
>won't get it registered.. BICBW :-)
>
>I'll pop in there from time to time when I am on and see if I find
>anyone else there.
>
>Andrew
>--=20
>Andrew Bate | Email: andrew@astilla.demon.co.uk
>Worcester, UK | Web>: http://www.astilla.demon.co.uk
               | ICQ: 11894304

Hey Andrew,
        No the channel is not registered yet. But I have recieved several
E-mails showing interest in a channel on IRC. I think that the only way we
can get this to work is if we set up a meeting time. Please E-mail me the
times that you are available on IRC and I will try to meet you there and I
will tell the other interested parties so they can meet you there as well.
You're right we need regulars; please try to be one. Hope to hear from you.
                Good Growing,
                        Damon Collingsworth