The Germinator

From: Adao Pereira (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Wed Nov 11 1998 - 03:36:21 PST

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:36:21 -0000
From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: The Germinator

Hello, list!

I'm writing because I have some questions concerning the germination of CP
seeds (such as Nepenthes, Droseras, Genlisea, Sarrs).
I found in my house a machine that is designed to make yoghourt and because
of that, it keeps a constant temperature range between 32 and 38 C. And, as
it is closed, it's very humid inside.
Tell me, is this good for germinating Nepenthes? I'm keeping the machine on
all nights and days, so the temps are *always* in that range. If it is too
high, I can control it, but I read that Nep seeds need very hot and humid
conditions to germ, so I think that's ok. Please say if I'm wrong.
Also, can it be used to germ the other CP seeds I mentioned?

Thanks very much for any help!

Good growing,
Miguel