U.S. Importation Permits

From: Daigen (daigen300@rocketmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 16:02:17 PST

Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:02:17 -0800 (PST)
From: Daigen <daigen300@rocketmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: U.S. Importation Permits

Hello all,

Have any of the U.S. subscribers to this list had experience with
importation permits from the U.S. Department of Agriculture? I am
interested in buying some CPs from foreign sources, but the
application form
(http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ppq/bats/permits/q37/plants.shtml) requires
information so detailed (scientfic names, bulbs/plants/cuttings,
country of origin, port of entry) that it seems the application will
only be useful for a single or very limited set of transactions, and I
will need to reapply every time I want to make a purchase. Is there
any way to make a more general blanket application that can be used
each time?

Also, the regulations seem to say that a phytosanitary certificate is
always required. Is this true in practice?

Thanks in advance,

Roger Joyner
daigen300@rocketmail.com