re: B. gigantea humidity

From: L235@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 11:09:10 PST

Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 14:09:10 EST
From: L235@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: B. gigantea humidity

Johnathan Mitchell asked about B. gigantea humidity a while back and I haven't
seen a public posting yet ... so I'll take a stab:

While I can't speak for seedlings, I grow an adult B. gigantea (thanks to
Brian Cochrane) outside similarly to Sarracenia species. Average (for Northern
Virginia) humidity. The only difference is that the Byblis is grown with less
water in the tray than Sarracenia. Our humidity can reach 70 percent during
the peak of summer, but 35-40 percent is not uncommon where I live. The plant
is definitely not a "greenhouse" plant as far as I'm concerned.

Jay Lechtman (L235@aol.com)
Ashburn, Virginia, USA