Windows CP application - Update

From: Andrew Bate (cp@astilla.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jan 17 1999 - 10:10:14 PST

Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 18:10:14 GMT
From: cp@astilla.demon.co.uk (Andrew Bate)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Windows CP application - Update

Hi,

I posted here a few months ago saying that I was planning on
creating a Windows application handle a collection of plants (CP or
otherwise).

The project is now starting to take shape after several false starts
and lack of spare time and in about 4-6 weeks time I should have
something available for people to preview. This will NOT be the
finished application but should give people an insight into what I
am trying to achieve here. With Jan's permission I have managed to
import basic taxonomy details from the online CP Database into my
application so there is a good starting point for CP growers - if
you don't want the application for CP usage then just delete all the
data and type your own in... :-)

So far, I have done the screens to handle the collection,
genus/species details, stock prices, stock list, contact list (names
addresses etc) and also prototyped creaton of HTML 'for sale' tables
from within the application. Next on the list is the ordering
module and integrating the printed/web based for sale list.

The reason for this post is that I will be looking for people to
have a look at what I have done so far in order to get feedback on
what people like/dislike about it.

More information can be found at the following URL:-

http://www.astilla.demon.co.uk/epms

If anyone is interested in acting as a tester for the application
and following its development progress then please let me know.

At the time I posted the original message I also found out that Paul
Temple has also done something similar. I have no idea how this
compares to what he has done as I haven't seen his application
(didn't want to in case I subconsciously copied ideas). I don't
know if what I am doing is of interest but all I can say is have a
look and let me know any feedback!

Regards,

Andrew -- Andrew Bate | Email: andrew@astilla.demon.co.uk Worcester, UK