Drosera sessilifolia

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 07:24:40 PST

Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 07:24:40 PST
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera sessilifolia

Hi list.

I recently planted seed I received labelled D.sessilifolia. At the same
time, I planted D.burmanii (green) and the hybrid between the 2. I
think Fernando (where are you? email me if you're back!) mentioned
sessilifolia is very similar to burmanii but my plants look exactly the
same so far except "sessilifolia" has pink-red tentacles whereas
burmanii's are white. I've heard of red burmaniis floating around
(heck, isnt that 1 on the cover of Kondo's old book?). Im wondering if
what I have is really the true sessilifolia. It originally came from the
ICPS seed bank. (Thanks, Joe!!)
They're only a couple months old and probably wont flower for a while.
Opinions, anyone?

It's a little late but I wanted to thank the fellow listmembers who sent
me gemmae (you know who you are!). I got great results and now have
quite a few pygmies growing well. Planted them a couple of months ago
as well and pygmaea and occidentalis are already flowering!

Anybody growing D.barbigera??

Happy growing!
Matt
New York