RE: P. Moranensis overwintering

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 05:55:23 PST

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:55:23 -0500
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: P. Moranensis overwintering

Hi Paul,
> Typically, pinguicul plants die by changing colour to a sickly green
that's impossible to describe but just
>about every Ping grower knows when they see it. It just looks wrong.
>Unfortunately, in almost all cases once you see this colour the plant is
stressed
>beyond any rescue attempts. It's dead and all you are watching are the
final
>death twitches!

I noticed the sickly green color on one leaf over the weekend. There's
probably 8 to 12 leaves, and it appears to be multiple plants growing very
close together but I'll have to check that to be sure.

Thanks for the tips about moranensis culture. I'll follow them and we'll
see what happens.

David
Atlanta