N. ampullaria problem

From: nile smith (nxs@postmark.net)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 22:33:10 PST

Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 06:33:10 +0000
From: nile smith <nxs@postmark.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: N. ampullaria problem

nile smith
nxs@postmark.net

Hi List,

A few months ago I bought a N. ampullaria plant through the mail.
After it arrived, it was exposed to unacceptably low humidity
for several days. The pitchers whithered and the leaves started
to turn brown. I finally found a clear plastic container large
enough to house it in. Now, a couple months later, the plant still
lives, but just barely. The two remaining leaves still have some
green in them, and the stem looks relatively healthy, but the
growing point has dried up and is not putting off any new foliage. I
smeared some shoot-ez hormone wax on the stem where the dormant buds
should emerge, but nothing has happened so far. Does anybody have
an idea how I can bring it back to health? Thanks in advance for
any advice,

Nile Smith