Darlingtonia

From: z_simkunasra@TITAN.SFASU.EDU
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 15:06:58 PST

Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 18:06:58 -0500 (CDT)
From: z_simkunasra@TITAN.SFASU.EDU
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Darlingtonia

Oh Maaannnn! I live in East Texas and just planted several hundred
Darlingtonia seed, because I read in some CP books that all you have to do
is water Darlingtonias with cold water twice a day to keep the roots cool
if you live in hot climates. Now I read that if the root temp reaches 64F
or abouve they will die. I'm thinking maybe I should pack the pots in ice
for the summer as well as watering twice a day with cold water and
repacking the pots in ice every morning and afternoon. I am requiring
massive amounts of detailed information on this matter. *help*

Robertivore