Drosera hamiltonii

From: Susan Farrington (sfarrington@ridgway.mobot.org)
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 22:57:27 PST

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 06:57:27 +0000
From: "Susan Farrington" <sfarrington@ridgway.mobot.org>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera hamiltonii

In looking through in Index Semminum (seeds offered by
botanical gardens to other botanical gardens), I found Drosera
hamiltonii listed. Since I only have a little familiarity with the
plant, I looked it up in Peter D'Amato's book to determine if I could
grow it in the conditions here at the garden. He states that it
rarely flowers (which I'd heard) and that it does not produce any
seed, propagating from roots and stems. Is this really true? If so,
the seed I'm being offered couldn't be D. hamiltonii. Can anyone out
there enlighten me?
Thanks!
Susan Farrington
Missouri Botanical Garden