Re: Tank Accessories

From: Tim Malcolm (malcol01@camosun.bc.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 17:17:24 PST

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:17:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Tim Malcolm <malcol01@camosun.bc.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Tank Accessories

> Hi,
>
> I have a 55 gallon tank in which I'm growing my CPs and I'm looking for
> ways to solve two problems. The first is a way to adjust the distance
> of the plants to the fluorescent lamps. Has anyone come up with a neat
> way to elevate the plants that can be adjusted as the plants grow in
> height?

I have racks in my terrarium that are built out of "egg crate"; the
grid-shaped white plastic used over flourescent lights and are held
together with twist ties. They can be easily disassembled and the height
changed, and the white plastic looks fairly clean. The grid can be cut
with wire-cutters and interlocks into a very sturdy and stable rack.

Mine have two vertical side supports with a horizontal platform, the
platform sits in the holes of the vertical supports and the height can be
adjusted. It is supported by a narrower section that is perpedicular to
the platform and is inserted into side supports.

It's a little hard to explain, I can provide more detail if necessary.

tim.

Tim Malcolm
malcol01@camosun.bc.ca