re: Nepenthes maxima (again)

From: Nicholas Plummer (nplummer@duke.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 15:07:19 PST

Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:07:19 -0500
From: Nicholas Plummer <nplummer@duke.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: Nepenthes maxima (again)

Following up on my own comments...

>From now on, I'll always post with the relevant plant sitting right in
front of me. I just examined my N. maxima again, and when I wipe off
the beads of nectar, there is a tiny black thorn at the front of the
lid. It's only about 1 mm long, but it catches my finger when I run it
along the midrib from front to back. I take back what I said
previously.

Thanks for all the comments on N. curtisii. I'll have to wait for new
pitchers to determine whether my cutting is really N. maxima (syn.
curtisii) or the mislabeled albomarginata hybrid that Walter Greenwood
and Trent Meeks described. It's in a glass of water and starting to
show the beginnings of roots, so hopefully I won't have too long to
wait.

O.K., I'll shut up now.

Nick
Nicholas Plummer