Cranberries (off-topic)

From: Nigel Hurneyman (NHURNEYM@uk.oracle.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 02:16:29 PST

Date: 24 Mar 99 10:16:29 +0000
From: "Nigel Hurneyman" <NHURNEYM@uk.oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Cranberries (off-topic)

Further to last year's e-mails, a local supermarket started selling
frozen cranberries. I bought a pack, and sowed a few seeds from the
ripest looking berries. In the last couple of weeks about half a
dozen have germinated.

I didn't get any photos of Drosera citrina - in fact the plants have
gone dormant! I have recovered them from the would-be photographers
conservatory.

A friend says that you can understand CITES legislation more easily
if you realise the acronym stands fro 'Cultivation Interdiction To
Exterminate Specialties'.

NigelH