Nepenthes and anti-desiccant sprays

From: GregnNan@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 15:22:36 PST

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:22:36 EST
From: GregnNan@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes and anti-desiccant sprays

Has anyone tried an anti-desiccant spray (i.e., Wilt-pruf) on their Nepenthes
during a "hardening off" period? There are times when I would like to display
my young plants outside of the terrarium for a day or two. But during our dry
winters the leaves start to curl; even if the plant is misted and displayed
over a water and pebble filled tray. Also has anyone had an adverse reaction
to the use of a "hot pepper wax" spray on their plants (it's an insect
repellent)? Thanks for your comments. Greg