RE: CP Flowers

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 07:03:12 PDT

Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:03:12 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: CP Flowers

Paul,
I love Sarracenia flowers. They look great although S. flava can produce
what is kindly called a "feline" odor. My S. flava had eleven flower spikes
on it; it has lost two to insect damage but the other nine are still going
strong and I can't wait for them to open. Obviously I wouldn't even think of
cutting them off. Take a look at this picture of an S. purpurea flower --
how could you cut something like this?
http://www.mindspring.com/~mrbones/pitcherplant.jpg

Your plants will do fine if you leave the flowers on.

Good growing,
Philip
URL du Jour: http://www.tvfa.org/turnoff.html