Re: CP flowers and the death of some myths

From: Marc I. Burack (mb.cfg@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 05:19:27 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:19:27 -0400
From: "Marc I. Burack" <mb.cfg@mindspring.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP flowers and the death of some myths

At 07:41 AM 4/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi E-v-o-r-y-body!
>Robertivore writing
>
>Both of my Sarracenia flavas and all my VFTs are flowering, so it looks
>like I'll get seed this year. Ooooo, big woopie. Just the most common
>CPs, but even though; would any one like some seed?
>
> Also I've started growing my first two Nepenthes (N. bicalcaratas)
>since March 25th. I've read that Nepenthes on an average grow about one
>leaf a month and here it is, April 13 and both have completely unrolled
>two new leaves and one produced one new trap with two more on the way.
>After one week, after they became accustomed to their new environment, I
>transfered them from 4" pots to 12" pots. So far they are in an unheated
>greenhouse with outdoor temps of 85F in the day to 65F-60F at night. I've
>been leaving the doors open and the temps inside stay approximately the
>same as the temps outside. I've made posts earlier here called Scare
>Stories and one of them was that if the temp varries 15F or more then your
>Nepenthes will go into shock and die. I've gotten replies that all those
>statments were true.

>Robertivore

Dear Robert,

Funny, I can recall saying that those stories are NOT true...As a matter of
fact you had responded to my email at that time. What are you talking
about when you say that you received replies that all of those statement
are true??? Short memory................

Marc I. Burack
marcb@companionfinancial.com