Robert Gibson's Queensland trip: scented sundews??

From: Fernando Rivadavia Lopes (fe_rivadavia@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 22:18:18 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:18:18 PDT
From: "Fernando Rivadavia Lopes" <fe_rivadavia@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Robert Gibson's Queensland trip: scented sundews??

To all,

          Hello, it's me again! I just wanted to stress another point
of Rob's e-mail. Rob is great at noticing details which pass by
unnoticed by most of us and one of these was that some D.indica are
strongly scented, like Drosophyllum is too. Anyways, I'm not sure if
it was so clear, but Rob (and I) are interested in knowing if anyone
else out there has noticed any other sweetly perfumed Drosera. Not
the flowers, but the leaves. I've done some weird things with
Drosera, such as feeding them my own blood, but I've never thought of
sniffing them! So Rob, did they give you a high? Does it also work if
you smoke them? ;-)

Best Wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia
Sao Paulo, Brazil