nepenthes macfarlanei, and seed fungus?

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se)
Date: Thu Apr 22 1999 - 13:09:32 PDT

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:09:32 +0200
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: nepenthes macfarlanei, and seed fungus?

Hi,

Does anyone else keep N. macfarlanei? If so, what's your opinion
regarding it's growth; fast, slow? Personally, I've found it to be a
slow grower. After almost seven month my plant (2 inches) has only grown
four leaves.

I've planted some N. lavicola seed in live spaghnum moss, and after five
days I noticed clusters of small black spots on almost every one of
them. Looks like some kind of fungus. The spots are concentrated around
the center of the seed, and is connected to it by stalks. Anyone seen
this before?

Regards,

--
Christer Berglund