Question about range of D. rotundifolia

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Mon Apr 26 1999 - 16:12:15 PDT

Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 19:12:15 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Question about range of D. rotundifolia

Hi everyone,
I was looking in Schnell's _Carnivorous Plants of the US and Canada_ for
information about D. rotundifolia. He says roughly (I don't have the book
handy) that in my home state of North Carolina D. rotundifolia is found "in
a few remnant piedmont bogs" and that "a location on the Carolina coast is
at this date unconfirmed". I'm sure that more information has come out about
this sundew since Schnell wrote his book; can anyone tell me if I can expect
to find it in North Carolina? Mostly I'm interested in ensuring that the
common Drosera I see are indeed D. capillaris as I expect and not D.
rotundifolia. I'm not sure I could tell them apart.

Thanks,
Philip
URL du Jour: http://www.tvfa.org/turnoff.html