Search CP database: Web-pages related to Carnivorous Plants

From: Anders Ardoe (and@dtv.dk)
Date: Sun May 02 1999 - 13:34:38 PDT

Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 22:34:38 +0200
From: "Anders Ardoe <and@dtv.dk>" <and@dtv.dk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Search CP database: Web-pages related to Carnivorous Plants

Hi, I have tried to create a WEB-robot (spider) that is specific to
  a small area of interest, (yes CPs) and let it loose on the Web to
  find as many pages relevant to CPs as possible.

The robot starts with some manually selected CP specific WWW-pages.
It then follow all links from those pages recursively using a simple
list of subject specific terms, on the fly during the harvesting
process, to determine if a page should be included and to allow the
harvesting depth to be adapted to the distribution of relevant
material.

The resulting collection is made into a searchable database
available at <URL: http://nwi.dtv.dk/anders/cp.html >

Try it out and let me know what you think.

Regards Anders

-- Anders Ardo Technical Knowledge Center and Lund University
Library, NetLab & Library of Denmark, DTV P.O. Box 3, S-221 00
Lund, Sweden Tel: int+45 4525 7347 int+46 46 2229375 E-mail:
and@dtv.dk Anders.Ardo@lub.lu.se URL: http://nwi.dtv.dk/anders/
http://www.lub.lu.se/anders.html