RE: Ant attack on Sarr.

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 04:30:23 PDT

Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 07:30:23 -0400
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Ant attack on Sarr.

>What can I do to get rid of these pests without hurting my plants?

Hi Robert,

Immerse your pot in water. That will drive the ants away. Another method
is to grow S. minor. They eat ants for lunch, to coin a phrase. I'm a
little surprised that ants are actually eating the pitchers. Are you sure?
Do you see ants carrying pieces of the pitchers away to the mound. Also,
are there any American ants that do that. More likely, it's some slug doing
the deed in the dark of night. You should be able to see slime trails on
the plant if that's the case.

David
Atlanta