Benomyl / Drosera problem / Sooty Mold

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 08:50:57 PDT

Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 08:50:57 PDT
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Benomyl / Drosera problem / Sooty Mold

Whoever responded to my message regarding the Drosera stipules appearing
black, please email me (I accidentally deleted the digest). It's not a
bacterial thing - its not killing the plants and its not inside the leaves -
its a deposit appearing only on new growth. My guess is it could be this
sooty mold you suggested.

I wonder if sooty mold spores are usually present in the potting media Ive
been using and whether it's possible to truly eradicate it from ones
collection. Anyone whos had experience with sooty mold, please email me.

Id like to give Benomyl a try but need some tips:

Has Benomyl been known to harm any CP? I'm growing South American and
African Drosera, Queensland Drosera (adelae, schiz, prolifera), petiolaris
Drosera (paradoxa, derbyensis, ordensis, derb x ord), Cephalotus and a few
others and want to be sure Benomyl's not going to harm them. Also, what
dilution should I be using? Any tips? How frequently should I spray to
wipe out whatever it is I'm seeing on these plants or should I not even try?

Thanks in advance!

Matt
NYC