RE: Garden Design May 1999

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 04:52:51 PDT

Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 07:52:51 -0400
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Garden Design May  1999

>As I am living in Australia, can anyone shed some light on the May issue of
>the American publication Garden Design. What does the article focus on, &
>what Sarracenias are pictured within the article? I have to wait until the
>next month or so before I can even get a copy, so I would like some insight
>early, if anyone would like to oblige?!

Hi Nathan,

I read the article about a month ago at a friend's house and this is what I
remember. The article talks about one man's gardens, a portion of which he
has converted into a bog. I think it was a naturally boggy area that he
created by damming or diverting a small stream in his back yard. The focus
of the bog is Sarracenia and the article describes several S. species and
shows pictures of a few (leucophylla comes to mind.) I think it also shows
a S. flower. It is meant as a human interest story and is not technical
about how to do it yourself.

David
Atlanta