Sundew won't accept insects

From: Amy Ritchie (amyritchie@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 15:07:13 PDT

Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 15:07:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Amy Ritchie <amyritchie@yahoo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sundew won't accept insects

Hi, Yesterday I caught my round leaf sundew a gnat. I
broke off the wings so that it couldn't fly, but it
was alive and moving. When I dropped it on the leaf,
it began walking from leaf to leaf as if the leaves
weren't sticky at all. So I killed it, and dropped the
dead insect on the leaf. Now a couple days later, the
insect is still on the leaf and it hasn't curled up.
Why is the insect not getting stuck on the leaf, and
why is it not curling up when it gets food on it's
leaf?? I just got this sundew and this was the first
time I tried to feed it, and I don't know what to do.

Amy
www.homestead.com/flytraps
===