RE: venus fly trap..HELP!

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Fri May 28 1999 - 11:17:00 PDT

Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 14:17:00 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: venus fly trap..HELP!

> Hi. I live in the U.S.A. (state of Mississippi)
> summers are very very hot and humid here like 100
> degrees F. please help me. i am fixing to get a
> venus fly trap and i am very interested in growing
> one. (it is the plant..not the bulb) anyway..is
> that too hot to keep it outside?

Toni,
Your flytrap will be perfectly happy outdoors year-around where you're at --
no need for a terrarium. It will love the high humidity. VFTs grow wild
around Wilmington, NC which has similar weather to yours although a bit
cooler and with a longer winter.

Good growing,
Philip
URL du Jour: http://www.pobox.com/~good.night.irene