Pinguicula Moranensis

From: chris (drosera@CAM.ORG)
Date: Thu Jun 03 1999 - 16:22:07 PDT

Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 19:22:07 -0400
From: "chris" <drosera@CAM.ORG>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pinguicula Moranensis

I grow over 30 different kinds of CPs ranging from Drosera to
Nepenthes and more. Yet somehow I have difficulty raising
Pinguiculas. I used to get those ones from the hardware store (I
doubt they were P. Vulgaris, as stated on the container), but no
matter what they always died. I now have a P. Moranensis which has
matured from a seedling to an adult plant over the last year.
Nonetheless I am concerned that the plant may perish anyway. I want
to get plantlets from it as a safe guard should something go wrong
again. Which way is easier? Should I use leaf cuttings or wait for
those buds to grow on the leaves? I already tried leaf cuttings
once and it did not work, but I have not gotten any buds either.

Also, the leaf size is about 2". How large can this plant get? In
the last few weeks the new leaves are growing in a more upright
position. What does this mean?

Once again thanking everyone who has helped me in the past, and
those who will yet help again.

Chris F.

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]