U Alpina

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 13:21:44 PDT

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:21:44 EDT
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: U Alpina

>hi all.
does anyone out there know any helpful tips on growing u.alpina?

My plant is currently in a loose mix of charcoal, sand, peat and pine bark
and is planted in a mesh aquatic plantpot.To maintain humidity I have the pot
sitting in a saucer, over which I've placed a demi-john brewing jar (with the
bottom removed).
My U alpina gets indirect sunlight and stays in the house, so that it never
really gets cold (is this correct?).
I must be doing something right as the plant is flowering.Are the blooms self
fertilising or will I have to do the honours?

John Wilden
Southport Lancs
UK