Darlingtonia

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 13:49:51 PDT

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:49:51 -0400
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Darlingtonia

Last winter, I potted up several thousand Darlingtonia seed, which sprouted
this spring. They've been growing merrily along outside with no problems.
I'd say for the last month, Atlanta has had consistently warm nights in the
60's and now it looks like we're in for 90's during the day and high of 60's
and 70's during the night. I will keep you posted as to how they do. They
are growing in a mix of 1 part peat and 1 part sand in plastic containers (6
inches by 10 inches by 5 inches). They are on a table in the backyard under
a clear polycarbonate roof panel where they get about 4 to 5 hours of direct
afternoon soon. I water whenever needed using mostly rainwater but
occasionally tapwater when the rain barrels run dry.

David