RE: Drosera brevifolia

From: Hayes7@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 08:51:18 PDT

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:51:18 EDT
From: Hayes7@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:  RE: Drosera brevifolia

Dave & list,

>I was on a road trip the see CP's with Tom Hayes and he
>was rather insistant that there was no way in heck that
>my efforts at trying to cultivate those super small
>rosettes would be a success.

please tell the whole story... the issue wasn't if you would be successful
or not. It is a weed... Er, I mean drosera after all! I said why bother
with the little ones since I knew they were HUGE in Hampstead. I just didn't
see the point of getting some that weren't as large or colorful to begin with
:)

Hey Matt, does this count as HOT drosera talk? I can see it now....
1-900-DROSERA LOL!!!

>was not so sure. After all, the roots I would see on
>friends' plants seemed far too thick and long for an
>annual. Somehow, I had gotten the idea that the

exactly.... part of why I love this one

>Barry, I don't have that plant anymore, I think I
>killed the last of them in freezing weather this past

shame on you - to CP hell you go! Mine are fine and I will send you some
seed.

> I never got any leaves to strike, but hey, you are

take the leaves and soak them in a superthrive solution for 1 minute (10
drops per quart) and float them in water in petri dishes. Put them under
fluorescent lights and plantlets form in several weeks.

Take care & good growing,

-Tom Hayes

www.dangerousplants.com