Drosera brevifolia

From: Doug Burdic (dburdic@presys.com)
Date: Thu Jul 22 1999 - 10:35:00 PDT

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:35:00 -0700
From: Doug Burdic <dburdic@presys.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera brevifolia

Hi All,

Just to add my brief experience with this species to the discussion; A
former list member named Gregory Drasher (anybody know what happened to
him btw?) sent me some seed of D. brevifolia that he marked cw Hampsted
and this is their third growing season now. They come back from meristem
at the top of the their deep roots, not volunter seedlings. But, as we
all know, cp don't behave the same in all growing locations, but this is
what works for me in a greenhouse on the Oregon coast. No plants in my
greenhouse have been more abused than these and at one time, I had
thought I'd lost them but later found the pot dried out and laying on
it's side behind some Darlingtonia. Recipe: Just add water and wait till
they sprout. The real nuisance in growing them is when I have to use
tweezers constantly to pluck out the volunter sphagnum which overgrows
them rapidly, so I'm going to try a media with more sand than peat next
year to prevent this if possible.

Take care,

Doug

Doug Burdic