Re: re wild Sarracenia site in Tampa

From: Sundew1802@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 22 1999 - 05:18:10 PDT

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:18:10 EDT
From: Sundew1802@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: re wild Sarracenia site in Tampa

Hi Kirk,
regarding wild Sarracenia site in Tampa; This species is very spotty in
distribution. It is hard to find, as it does'nt grow in the nice open
meadows you have in the panhandle; instead it grows up under the wax myrtle
trees, which will be growing next to a Cypress Bayhead or slough,
Oftentimes, I have found blackberry brambles nearby, so it is fairly dry.
Anyway, there are only a few sites that we know about-the
largestsite(probably in excess of sev hundred plants) was wiped out earlier
this year for a new toll road.
I live about 40 miles north of Tampa, and you are welcome to stop by; however
ther are other members of the Tampa Bay CP club who would be much closer (Tom
or Carl??)
If you wish to come here, please e-mail me privately for my phone no and
directions.
regards,
Bob McMorris